Dr Honghan Wu is an associate professor at Institute of Health Informatics, UCL and holds a Rutherford personal fellowship funded by Medical Research Council/Health Data Research UK. He is a Turing Fellow of The Alan Turing Institute, UK's national institute for data science and artificial intelligence. Dr Wu holds a PhD in Computing Science. His current research interest is in using text technologies and Knowledge Graph techniques to analyse health data. He co-leads Edinburgh Clinical NLP group. He also serves as an editorial board member of these journals: BMC Digital Health, BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making and Scientific Reports. For PhD opportunities, please check his UCL webpage.
Dr Huayu Zhang is a Research Fellow based in Centre for Medical Informatics, Usher Institute at the University of Edinburgh. He is working on network analysis and knowledge graph techniques for gene prioritisation.
Dr Minhong Wang is a Research Fellow at Institute of Health Informatics, UCL. Her research interests include applying machine learning, deep learning and natural language processing in healthcare. Currently she is working on ontology learning and automated triage using GP referrals.
Aneeta Sylolypavan is a part-time research associate based at University of Edinburgh. Aneeta works on evaluating disparities between clinicians in labelling data for training machine learning models, particularly in the context of decision making supports within Intensive Care Units.
Rowena Smith is a part-time clinical research associate based at University of Edinburgh. Rowena works on a project studying the associations between childhood adverse events and later life mental disorders. This project uses linked health datasets in Scotland including free-text clinical notes from both primary care and secondary care.
Charlotte is based in Usher Institute, University of Edinburgh. She studies antidepressant and antipsychotic drug prescribing in people with diabetes.
Farah Francis is based at Usher Institute, University of Edinburgh. She works on machine learning methods for detecting and predicting fetal hypoxia.
Jinge is based at the Institute of Health Informatics, UCL. She will start with us in January 2022, working on neural-symbolic and knowledge graph methods for modelling human diseases and predicting prognosis.
- Hengrui Zhang, Institute of Health Informatics, UCL. Hengrui works on deep learning models for automated coding from discharge summaries.
- Yun-Hsuan Chang, Institute of Health Informatics, UCL. Yun works on Parkinson’s Disease Modelling using mutimodal data.
- Xuezhe Wang, Institute of Health Informatics, UCL. Xuezhe works on graphic neural network algorithms for predicting adverse drug reactions of COVID-19 treatments.
- Zhaolong Wu, Institute of Health Informatics, UCL. Zhaolong works on clinical NLP models utilising multi-documents for automating medical coding from free-text EHR data.
- Alexander Dobres was a Msc student worked on knowledge graph based approaches for predicting adverse drug events of COVID-19 drugs.
- Tina Yao was a MRes student based at the Institute of Health Informatics, UCL. She worked on deep learning methods for facilitating the management of atrial fibrillation in patients with critical illnesses.
- Dr Hang Dong was working on applied machine learning, natural language processing (NLP), and data mining for phenotyping from electronic health records. He is now a research fellow at Oxford University.
- Menka Shah was an MSc student at Institute of Health Informatics, UCL. She now works at Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust.
- Fahad Siddiqui was an Msc Institute of Health Informatics, UCL. He works at Kettering General Hospital.
- Dr Víctor Suárez Paniagua was a Research Fellow on machine learning, with an emphasis on deep learning; now works in the industry.
- Emma Whitfield (COVID-19 Project Placement), HDR UK-Turing Wellcome PhD Programme
- Claire Coffey (COVID-19 Project Placement), HDR UK-Turing Wellcome PhD Programme
- Cheng Wan (visiting researcher), Nanjing Medical University
- Joesph Powell, MSc student, Institute of Health Informatics, UCL
- Steven Cassady, MSc student, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
- Qianyi Zeng, MSc, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
- Wenjun Chen, MSc, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh
- Quan Sun, MSc, King’s College London
- Hui Wang, MSc, King’s College London